Academic Calendar Lingua Language Center
LINGUA’s year-round Intensive English Program is scheduled to be completed within approximately two and a half years, including Holiday and vacation breaks. However, it is taught 12 months a year, except on the Holiday periods herein stated. During the Winter and Spring breaks, we offer customized programs, ideal for short-term visitors.
Start: Nov 7, 2022 – End: Feb 16, 2023
Start: Feb 20, 2023 – End: May 18, 2023
Start: May 22, 2023 – End: Aug 10, 2023
Start: Aug 14, 2023 – End: Nov 2, 2023
Start: Nov 6, 2023 – End: Feb 15, 2024
Continuous Open Enrollment: Students may enroll at any time during the term. Some conditions apply. For instance, students will be placed in the level that best correlates to the placement test score obtained. However, if a student’s class start date falls after the sixth week of a level, he/she will be placed one level lower than the obtained test score indicates, with the exception of Level 1 beginners.
Orientation Dates: Official orientation takes place on the first day of each Term, from 9:00 to 9:30 am. However, appointments for orientation are available during the two weeks prior to the program start date and every Monday between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m.
Graduation Dates: Every Thursday of the twelfth week of term, at 12:30 pm in Fort Lauderdale for all Broward County locations, although this may take place on a different day at the Doral branch, which is to be determined during each module.
- Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 16, 2023
- Spring Break: Monday, March 6, 2023 – Friday, March 10, 2023 (classes resume March 13, 2023)
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Independence Day: Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Labor Day: Monday, September 4, 2023
- Veteran’s Day: November 11, 2023
- Thanksgiving Break: Thursday, November 23, 2023 – Friday, November 24, 2023
- Winter Break: TBD. Will be announced in accordance with Broward College Academic Calendar.
*School holidays may be subject to change dependent upon Broward College holiday or administrative schedule changes as applicable.
**School holidays in Lingua Doral and Orlando branches may differ.