+1 (888) 6-LINGUA

Those who have to move between several countries and transit through U.S. soil have probably wondered how many times they can enter and leave the U.S. on a tourist visa.

The answer is simple: if you have a tourist visa for the United States, you can enter and leave the country as many times as you want as long as the visa is valid.

Entering and leaving the U.S. on a tourist visa?

The tourist visa, also known as a B-2 visa, is a type of nonimmigrant visa that allows individuals to temporarily enter the United States for tourism, visiting family members and medical treatment.

However, you are not allowed to work in the United States on a tourist visa.

It is important to keep in mind that the U.S. immigration authorities are very strict with the length of stay of foreigners in the country.

The B-2 visa allows visitors to stay for 180 days or 6 months maximum in the country. However, the final length of stay will be determined by the relevant authority at the time of entry into the United States. They alone determine the final time allowed in each case.

As for the legal implications, there are no restrictions to leave and enter the country with a tourist visa as long as the visa is valid.

However, it is recommended not to make trips too close or too close together, as this may raise suspicions and doubts.

The immigration personnel who check your papers upon entry also have a record of how many times you have entered the country and how long you have stayed on each trip.

If the agent observes that there are very close or very long visits, he or she may believe that you are traveling for reasons other than those valid under the tourist visa.

In this case, the authorities will start an investigation to find out if you are committing illegal acts.

If they find out that the reasons for your constant travel are because you are trying to live in the country, are studying/working or other action not allowed on your visa, they can revoke your document and deport you immediately.

Entering and leaving the U.S. on a student visa

Another thing you cannot do in the United States is to study on a tourist visa. For that, you must have an academic student visa (F1).

If you intend to come to the United States to study English, and the visa you have is a tourist visa, you should know that you are committing an illegality.

Fortunately, with reputable language schools, such as Lingua Language Center, you can get all the information you need in advance to know how to proceed in order to come to study English.

It is always important that you enroll in the academies before coming to the United States, so that you receive the forms that will allow you to obtain the visa before the American Embassy in your country.

If you are thinking of studying English, write to us! At Lingua Language Center, we will be happy to give you all the information you need and to welcome you when you come,contact us today! We are the language school in the United States that you really need.