+1 (888) 6-LINGUA

According to figures from the Institute of International Education, there are almost one million foreign students enrolled in various universities and schools in the United States. But how did they do it? How to apply for a student visa for that country?

The first thing you need to know about studying in the United States is that there are three main types of visas: the F-1which allows for full-time study at any institution, including language schools; the M-1which is aimed at students of non-academic programs; and the J-1The program is exclusively for people who will be participating in exchange programs, au pairs, camp counselors, doctors, scholarship holders or government guests.

How to apply for a student visa?

The procedure can be arduous, but it is not difficult. You must apply to a school approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program and wait for approval.

Once that institution approves your admission, you must register in the Student Information System.

The school will then give you a Form I-20, and you will complete Form DS-160. With that you will make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country.

At the appointment you will need to bring your valid passport and physical proof that you have been chosen by a U.S. educational institution, and documents proving that you have enough money to pay for your stay in the United States.

Each visa will last according to the duration of the student’s approved program of study.

Get good advice on how to apply for a student visa

If you have already decided to apply for a student visa to travel to the United States, ask the school that admitted you which visa is best for you.

If you want to study English, the one you will generally need is the F-1 Visa. But it is good that the school itself gives you a minimum of advice so that you comply with all the requirements and always stay within the law.

In the case of Lingua Language Center, we take care of helping you through the different steps to request your appointment at the American Embassy or Consulate in your country. For us, it is essential that all aspects of your trip are covered and taken care of.

We want you to come to Florida to study English without worrying about anything but learning more every day.Write to us today!

Our language school has graduated tens of thousands of students in English since 1998. That is why it is one of the most reputable in Florida.