+1 (888) 6-LINGUA

So many people want to move to the United States in search of economic and personal freedoms and a better quality of life, that the question of what is the easiest way to immigrate to the U.S. is a common one.

Of course, this is not a simple task, as it requires compliance with a series of requirements and legal formalities that can be complex and time-consuming.

In this article, we explain which are the alternatives to immigrating to the United States legally nowadays, and we try to tell you which is the easiest of them all. In addition, we give you some options for students, and the steps to follow.

Alternatives to migrate to the USA legally

Immigrating to the United States legally implies obtaining a visa or a Green Card that allows you to reside and work in the country.

There are different types of visas depending on the purpose of your trip, such as visitor, work, study, or family.

The Green Card is a permanent residency card that gives you more rights and benefits, such as living, working, and studying in the United States. To apply, you must meet certain requirements and be sponsored by a citizen or resident relative, an employer, or a special program.

These are some of the most common alternatives to immigrating to the United States legally:

Green Card through a family member

This is the most common way to obtain permanent residency. You can apply if you are an unmarried child (under 21) or spouse of a U.S. citizen, or if you are a parent or sibling of a U.S. citizen over 21.

You can also apply if you are a child or spouse of a permanent resident. However, there is an annual visa quota for each family category, and the waiting time may vary depending on the country of origin and existing demand.

Green Card through employment

This is another option to obtain permanent residency. It is granted at the request of a company or organization that wants to hire you to work in the United States.

Preference will be given to those who demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or sports, or who are outstanding teachers or researchers.

The first step is for the employer to request a labor certification from the Department of Labor, and then file a petition with the U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). There is also an annual visa fee for each labor category.

Visa lottery

The diversity visa program was created to receive immigrants from countries that have low rates of immigration to the United States. Each year 50,000 visas are drawn from applicants who meet the minimum education or work experience requirements.

To participate, you must register online on the Department of State’s website during the month of October, and wait for the results in May of the following year.

Student Visa

If you want to study in the United States, you can apply for an F-1 or M-1 student visa, depending on the type of academic program you choose.

These visas allow you to stay in the country for the duration of your course, and work up to 20 hours per week on campus. You may also opt for a J-1 visa if you want to participate in a cultural, educational, or professional exchange program.

Humanitarian Visa

If you are a victim of persecution or violence in your home country, you can apply for asylum or refugee status in the United States. To do so, you must show that you have a well-founded fear of harm based on race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group. If your application is approved, you will be able to obtain permanent residency after one year.

What is the easiest way to immigrate to the USA?

There is no single answer to this question, as each case is different and depends on several factors, such as country of origin, education level, work experience, family ties, language, etc. However, we can say that some forms are faster or easier than others, depending on the demand and availability of visas.

For example, the visa lottery can be an easy way to immigrate to the United States, as it does not require a sponsor or labor certification, and only minimum education or experience requirements need to be met. However, it is also a very haphazard way, as it depends on luck and competition from other applicants.

Another relatively easy way to immigrate to the United States is the student visa, as you only need to have an offer of admission from an accredited educational institution and demonstrate that you have enough money to pay for your tuition and living expenses. In addition, this visa can be a stepping stone to obtain a work visa or a Green Card in the future.

In general, the most difficult ways to immigrate to the United States are those that involve a higher demand and lower supply of visas, such as family or work visas. These visas can take years to be processed and approved and are subject to changes in immigration policies.

What to do to emigrate to the United States?

If you want to emigrate to the United States, the first thing you should do is find out about the different options that exist and choose the one that best suits your profile and your objective.

Then you must gather the necessary documents to apply for the visa or Green Card that corresponds to you, and follow the steps indicated by the competent authorities. You should also be prepared to pay the appropriate fees and to attend a consular interview if necessary.

In addition, we recommend that you learn English as much as possible, as it is the official language of the country and will facilitate your integration and communication. We also advise you to learn about the culture, laws, and rights in the United States, so that you can better adapt and avoid problems.

Finally, we suggest that you seek support and guidance from others who have immigrated to the United States before you, or from organizations that provide assistance to immigrants. This way you will be able to solve your doubts, learn about their experiences and receive useful advice for your immigration process.

Come and spend some time in the United States studying English.

For non-migrant students, there is the option of coming to spend time in the United States while learning English.

For example, you can do it with Lingua Language Center, a language school founded in 1998 with several locations in South Florida. To achieve this, you must choose the program that best suits your needs and aspirations and enroll.

We will then give you a form to take to the U.S. Embassy in your country to apply for an F1 visa, which will allow you to study in the U.S. for the duration of the course. Write to us today so we can give you all the information you need.