+1 (888) 6-LINGUA

If you have ever wondered which visa is the best way to study English in the United States, you should know that the ideal visa is the F-1 visa. In this article, we will briefly explain why.

The F-1 visa is an instrument created to enable individuals to train within the United States in a formal and academic manner at universities, institutes, seminaries, conservatories and language schools.

Therefore, this visa category is the most appropriate for those who want to come to study English in the United States.

However, students with an F-1 visa cannot work while they are studying, as they must only come to the country to prepare themselves academically.

However, they can work on campus if they meet certain characteristics and conditions, and once they complete their first academic year they can also work in other public and private companies under three restrictions:

Curricular Practical Training (CTP)

Optional Practical Training (OPT) (pre-completion and post-completion of studies).

Optional Practical Training (OPT) for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) students.

Beyond these three categories of practices or internships, students may also work outside the institution if they are eligible by the authorities as persons with a “special situation”, which is nothing more than a very serious economic condition that must be proven and approved.

How to obtain an F-1 visa to study English in the United States?

To qualify for an F-1 visa and enter the United States to study English, the applicant must meet the following requirements:

– Be enrolled in a language training program.

– The language school is approved by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Student and Exchange Visitor Program.

– Enrollment in the language academy must be full-time.

– You must have sufficient funds available to cover your living expenses for the duration of the English program.

– You must have a residence abroad that you do not want to sell or assign to anyone.

How much money should I have in the bank to study English in the United States?

Although there is really no exact figure for immigration agents to approve an English language student’s entry into the United States, it is known that there is an average based on common sense and previous experience that a person should have at least $5,000 in the bank for courses lasting three months and $20,000 for year-long programs.

What is the procedure to receive an F-1 visa and come to study English in the U.S.?

The first thing a foreign national must do to be approved for an F-1 visa is to enroll in the language school, which will provide the necessary documentation to be presented to the U.S. Embassy in his or her country to qualify for the visa.

Of course, it is normal that these processes require constant advice. That is why, at Lingua Language Center, we provide our students with all the knowledge of our executives on immigration matters, so that they can be told – step by step – what procedures to follow until they arrive in the United States and start studying.

In addition, we have an all-inclusive English program that includes everything from accommodation to meals, extracurricular trips and English classes.

In this course, called the All Inclusive English Program, students have the opportunity to meet people from multiple cultures who are also learning English, which will make their stay much more exciting.

Write to us right now to reserve your place and enroll in Lingua Language Center at once. We are waiting for you to live a transforming experience that will not only be unforgettable, but will also open multiple doors in your life, both academic and professional.

At Lingua Language Center, we have all the technological and human tools to make it really possible for you to learn English. Contact us right now.